California Prep intends to provide the most challenging and rigorous academic preparation for higher education in the context of multiple intelligences and mastery to ensure balanced development and relative success for all students.
- To frequently assess the student learning for performance tracking
- To integrate prep classes for the external tests such as SAT, TOEFL, TOEIC, etc.
- To inspire and support some students to challenge the AP and IB exams.
- To create practical options for students who are non-academically gifted
- To set high expectations on communications skills as part of the graduation requirement
- To require every senior student to produce a baby thesis plus an oral defense
- To emphasize apprenticeship in business for hands-on and real life exposure
This program has a program of studies includes various options that are very tough and highly rigorous. Only well-disciplined students and highly motivated are encouraged to go through. Otherwise, they will just be wasting their time and money. However, the school implements the program with academic support from the back drop of multiple intelligences and strict discipline. Understandably, the school desires to produce graduates who are the best and will be the pride of their countries. Thus, programs will be put in place to give students guidance/counseling, language exposure, and strong apprenticeship. Students who reach G12 are considered as the cream of the crop in terms of language proficiency level, self-discipline, life skills, social/academic skills, and responsibility.